RIP Little Scrub Jay
Today I heard my scrub jays (I feed them regularly and they come to my whistle) making a commotion outside so I went to see what was going on. They were going crazy near the side of our house so I went over to find a baby scrub jay stuck on the ground. I picked it up and it seemed ok, so I placed it on the grass in the backyard. We watched it for awhile and ate lunch outside. Then all of a sudden the parent came down and attacked it (possibly breaking its neck). It was so sad. The poor little thing couldn't sit up right. I tried to see if it could sit up like you see in the picture, but it couldn't hold its neck up. All the while the parents were dive bombing me. When I backed up they came down and started attacking again. It was too sad to watch so Doug took care of it :( Bye Bye little bird. The worst part is that once the baby was gone the scrub jays were begging for food as usual as if the baby never existed.
No comments:
Post a Comment